Taree, makes a perfect stop when your travelling and you need to take a break to stretch your legs. There are plenty of signs along the free way to guide you to the town, which is only a five minutes drive from the turn off.
Taree has a variety of shopping complexes, arcades, gift shops, clothing shops, craft centres, antiques and speciality stops to explore or pick up supplies.
There are also plenty of cafes, restaurants and pubs to enjoy a meal or if you like picnics, you can rest and enjoy a leisurely walk along the river on the riverside parklands.
Things to do..
- Picnic's on the river
- Visit the Manning Regional Art Gallery ..Link- https://mrag.midcoast.nsw.gov.au/Home
- Found the big oyster - that sits on top of a car dealer ship - 100 Manning River Dr, Taree NSW 2430
* For more things to see and do click on this link .... http://visitmanningvalley.com.au/taree/activities/
Places to stay.
There are plenty of places to stay. This link has a few recommendations... accommodation
My recommendation of places to eat..
- The Manning River Hotel @ 20 Oxley Street, Taree,
- Sailo’s Restaurant at Taree Aquatic Club @ 1 Macquarie Street, Taree