Oh where to next ?
If you like the out doors you will love the Megalong Valley. As soon as you enter Megalong Rd the scenery changes and you are surrounded by beautiful ferns and rainforest which cover the escarpment on both sides of the road. Megalong Valley is an actual valley that is accessible with a 2 WD.
Things to do in the valley.
- Their are a few different riding places in the valley but I can only recommend the one I have been too. The Euroka is a beautiful peaceful place with very experienced teachers.
- The Six Foot Track is not for the faint hearted and no I have not attempted. It is a 46km walk in one direction and I would highly recommend doing this walk in a group.
For more information check the NSW Parks website https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/walking-tracks/six-foot-track
- The Megalong Valley Tearoom is one of the oldest cafe's in the Blue Mountains. It serves delicious home made cakes, apple pies and scones.
Note: Best to take cash with you as their was no EFPOS when I was there.
Blackheath Glen Reserve is a small free camping ground at 540 Megalong Rd, Megalong Valley NSW 2785.
- It has a drop toilet and picnic tables.
- Easy access from the road.
- Open Fires
- No drinking water.
Old Ford Reserve is at 1363 Megalong Rd, Megalong Valley NSW 2785
- It has a toilet and picnic tables.
- Easy access from the road
- Open fires
-No drinking water.